Product Design and Development
Are you searching for product design or development help to meet your company’s needs for form labels, labels or tags? Welcome to the Design and Development department at Chicago Tag & Label. Our talented professionals work closely with you to create the perfect custom label design to suit your application. In addition to an experienced staff, our advanced technology and flexographic printing capabilities allow us to create a wide variety of complex and diverse products, from custom tags and labels to integrated forms. If you have any questions about why we are the leading label design company, give us a call at 800-826-8260.
Label Design Solutions
We provide the following label design services to develop the right product design to meet your needs:In-House Product Engineering
- Our specialists offer product label design, layout, material and adhesive recommendations.
- We are knowledgeable about printer compatibility and understand how documents are processed through different printer models. If you need a printer or software recommendation, we’re happy to help!
- We offer flexographic 12-color spot printing and screening, UV inks and special coatings; all inks are water-based.
- We utilize the Pantone/PMS color base and can customize or match colors.
- We can print on the face stock, back of the product, as well as on the liner and underneath the label.
- We offer digital product tag design and electronic proofing. All plates are made in-house, providing flexibility and efficiency if changes are required.
- Chicago Tag & Label stocks a wide variety of qualified materials and sources.
- We offer the following adhesives: hot melt, permanent (standard, light-tack or aggressive), removable, repositionable, pattern adhesive placement and acrylic.
- Since all of the products we manufacture are custom, our dies, slitting and perforation tools are customized to your exact product.
- We offer a variety of finishing and packaging options, including cut sheets, rolls, fan-folded, carton size, quantity per carton, poly bags, loose wrap, shrink wrap, strung, padded or stitched. Whatever your job requires, we can accommodate you.
- As part of our commitment to social and environmental responsibility and proper forest management, we achieved certification from the Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC-C102892). Using FSC®-certified paper allows us to print the FSC® logo on your finished products. This tells your final users that you are being environmentally responsible in your choice of paper products.
- By selling custom products, Chicago Tag & Label is able to print your corporate branding on products as required.
We take great pride in our technological prowess at Chicago Tag & Label, where we work hard to maintain our reputation as experts in laser cut-sheet products, barcoding of labels and tags, variable imaging and harsh-environment applications. Our engineers and designers have extensive experience in flexographic printing techniques.
Capabilities and benefits include:Flexographic Printing
- Diverse product offering on the same press structure: form labels, labels and tags
- Diverse material, coating and adhesive options
- High-speed production, positioned to maximize medium to large production runs
- High-quality printing, copy and construction
- Integrated IT programming of variable images and barcoding
- Custom-engineered rotary presses with multiple functionalities
- Presses engineered with multiple print heads — up to 12 colors, coating stations, die cut and pattern adhesive applicators
- Presses process multiple substrates and materials up to 18” wide and 24” long
- Variable barcode printing with 100 percent in-line verification and documentation
- Complete finishing department, including stringing, booking and packaging
- High-quality temperature- and humidity-controlled production facility
- Product testing by our Quality Control team