The Pressroom Expeditor will perform duties to ensure raw materials are available to meet production schedule needs and to ensure that finished jobs are moved away from the presses to the shipping department or to the next operating in an organized and timely manner.
Work from job tickets and instructions:
1. Check and analyze current job tickets at ease press to determine material and equipment needs and if the right amount of paper has been delivered and notify department supervisor of shortages.
2. Supply each press with all packaging materials needed for the jobs to run, in advance of the press run and notify the supervisor or plant Manager if materials are not available.
3. Print and supply carton labels for each job in press.
4. Supply presses with materials such as cores and chipboard as needed for individual jobs, and brings auxiliary equipment such as shrink wrappers, padder and tables to the presses and set up equipment as necessary.
5. Move finished jobs to the Shipping Department and verify that the press counts and box size is correctly written on the jobs tickets.
6. Move partially completed jobs to the next department, and notify the supervisor of that department that the job has been delivered.
7. Check ship dates on all jobs on press, notify the Shipping Department of jobs or partial orders that will be shipping the same day, and plan to move rush orders and orders due the same day as soon as they are finished.
8. Notify the Bindery Supervisor of upcoming work and of rush order on press.
9. Bring special paperwork to appropriate departments in the front office.
10. Keep each press supplied with regularly used materials such as carton tape and plastic bags.
11. Maintain a variety of sizes of pre-cut cores in the press room so that cores are always available.
12. Send press production samples to customers a required and maintain sample comes.
13. Prepare pallet labels for finished product.
Use hand pallet truck, personal computer and computer printer.
Follow safety rules and keep work area in clean and orderly conditions.
Perform other related duties as assigned.
• High school diploma
• Preferred 3 months similar experience or equivalent education (Recent successful completion or current enrollment in classes in mechanical/technical fields)
• Excellent math, ruler, and written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to differentiate color
• Experience with and ability to work efficiently with hand tools and measuring instruments
• Ability to use a computer
• Mechanical inclination
• Ability to lift 40 lbs. several times daily
• Ability to work standing and walking and visually inspect product as it is manufactured
• Interest in hands-on work operating printing equipment
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and work cooperatively with others
• Good memory and detail-oriented
• Work ethic reflecting a sense of urgency
Chicago Tag and Label is family-owned and has been providing customized printing solutions to our clients, many Fortune 500 companies, for over 70 years. Our workers enjoy our fast-paced, team environment where we all help each other succeed. We are small and nimble enough to get to know you quickly, and large enough to offer you opportunity to grow with us as we offer world-class innovation and solutions to our clients. We offer a competitive salary and benefits program, including health and wellness benefits, paid time off, life insurance, dental, vision, long term disability coverage, profit sharing and a 401k plan.
We are proud of our innovation and customization abilities. Our reputation for the highest quality standards, exceptional work force, along with our state-of-the-art printing equipment, makes Chicago Tag and Label a leader in our industry. If you are mechanically inclined and seek a career and not just a job, we would like to speak with you. Come check us out!
Chicago Tag & Label is an equal opportunity employer: disability/veteran.
Interviews: Will be conducted virtually and onsite.
Position location: Onsite at our office in Libertyville, IL.
We offer competitive benefits including health and dental, a 401k, paid holidays, vacation time, a clean, bright working environment, and a great group of working companions!