The Press Operator is responsible for working from shop orders, specifications and instructions and manage press runs by operating high-speed equipment for double-sided printing of labels, tags and forms. Ensures that, on a daily basis, tasks are completed in a safe, organized manner and their work area is clean and in an orderly condition to achieve budgeted set-up time and press speeds.
• Check and verify paper stock, mount and web paper through prescribed operation sequence. Make setups for double-sided, multiple color and multiple layer printing and processing.
• Adjust and align adhesives, slitting and perforating wheels, die cutters, machine controls, and butt slicers.
• Make initial run, checking printing register, make final adjustments to correct press and obtain approval for run.
• Regulate ink flow, adjust equipment during run to maintain register, proper impression and color, and maintain quality standards.
• Clean press and press area, lubricate periodically, clean rollers and plates, change ink, plates and dies at end of run as required.
• Inspect and package product as it comes off press at target speeds.
• Remove printed material, place in containers or cartons, load and move to designated locations as well as maintaining ink pumps, hoses, ink trays, and chamber blade units.
• Train new operators and notify supervisor of unusual equipment or operating condition.
• Follow safety rules and keep work area in clean and orderly condition.
• Perform other related duties, as assigned.
• High school diploma or GED
• 6+ months press operator experience with high-speed presses (flexo)
• Mechanical aptitude and the ability to work with hand tools, gauges, and measuring equipment
• Excellent math aptitude, skilled in reading a ruler and strong written and verbal communications
• Differentiate color and visually inspect product as it is produced
• High attention to detail and accuracy will be required for data input tasks
• Ability to lift 40 lbs. several times daily, and stand and walk for entire shift
• Work independently with minimal supervision and cooperatively with others
• Overtime will be required during the busy season with up to a 12-hour shift
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and work cooperatively with others
Due to continued demand for our customized products, Chicago Tag & Label has multiple PRESS OPERATOR opportunities for experienced flexographic, digital imaging and multi web press operators. Become a member of our team where motivation, a can-do attitude and positive performance are rewarded and opportunities for advancement are part of our culture.
Chicago Tag and Label is family-owned and has been providing customized printing solutions to our clients, many Fortune 500 companies, for over 70 years. Our workers enjoy our fast-paced, team environment where we all help each other succeed. We are small and nimble enough to get to know you quickly, and large enough to offer you opportunity to grow with us as we offer world-class innovation and solutions to our clients. We offer a competitive salary and benefits program, including health and wellness benefits, paid time off, life insurance, dental, vision, long term disability coverage, profit sharing and a 401k plan.
We are proud of our innovation and customization abilities. Our reputation for the highest quality standards, exceptional work force, along with our state-of-the-art printing equipment, makes Chicago Tag and Label a leader in our industry. If you are mechanically inclined and seek a career and not just a job, we would like to speak with you. Come check us out!
Chicago Tag & Label is an equal opportunity employer: disability/veteran.