Press Operator Apprentice
The Flexographic Press Operator Apprentice will train and gain the experience and skills needed to operate and produce quality product on Flexographic presses. This position will also gain knowledge of product quality, process and procedures while positively contributing to meet Chicago Tag & Label's safety, quality and production goals.
• Follow instructions on shop orders to specifications.
• Check and verify paper stock for job runs, mount and web paper through prescribed operation sequence and make setups for two-sided, multiple color and multiple layer printing and processing.
• Adjust feed guides, grippers and elevator, synchronize feed and timing for multiple part and layer mating and adhesion and mount and adjust plates to cylinder.
• Adjust and align adhesives applications, slotting, slitting and perforating dies, die cutters, machine controls, inking and feeders and repack cylinders as required.
• Make initial run, checking printing and register, make final adjustments to correct press and obtain approval for run.
• Regulate ink flow, adjust equipment during run to avoid register slippage or poor impression and color register and maintain quality standards.
• Remove printed material, place in containers or cartons, load and move to designate locations.
• Clean press and press are, lubricate press periodically, clean rollers and plates and change ink at end of press run as required.
• Communicate unusual equipment or operating problems to Supervisor
• High school diploma
• Preferred 3 months similar experience or equivalent education (Recent successful completion or current enrollment in classes in mechanical/technical fields)
• Excellent math, ruler, and written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to differentiate color
• Experience with and ability to work efficiently with hand tools and measuring instruments
• Ability to use a computer
• Mechanical inclination
• Ability to lift 40 lbs. several times daily
• Ability to work standing and walking and visually inspect product as it is manufactured
• Interest in hands-on work operating printing equipment
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and work cooperatively with others
• Good memory and detail oriented
• Work ethic reflecting sense of urgency
Chicago Tag and Label has provided customized printing solutions to our clients, many Fortune 500 companies, for over 70 years. Our workers enjoy our fast-paced, team environment where we all help each other succeed. We are small and nimble enough to get to know you quickly, and large enough to offer you the opportunity to grow with us as we offer world-class innovation and solutions to our clients. We offer a competitive salary and benefits program, including health and wellness benefits, paid time off, life insurance, dental, vision, long-term disability coverage, profit sharing, and a 401k plan.
We are proud of our innovation and customization abilities. Our reputation for the highest quality standards, and exceptional workforce, along with our state-of-the-art printing equipment, makes Chicago Tag and Label a leader in our industry. If you are mechanically inclined and seek a career and not just a job, we would like to speak with you. Come check us out!
Chicago Tag & Label is an equal opportunity employer: disability/veteran.
Interviews: Will be conducted virtually and onsite.
Position location: Onsite at our office in Libertyville, IL.
We offer competitive benefits including health and dental, a 401k, paid holidays, vacation time, a clean, bright working environment, and a great group of working companions!