Press Operator Apprentice
You will be trained in the following areas:
• Gain an understanding of shop orders, specifications and instructions
• Mount and web paper through prescribed operation sequence and make setups for multiple layer printing and processing.
• Adjust and align adhesives, wheels, die cutters, machine controls and splicers
• Make initial run and make final adjustments to obtain approval for final run
• Clean and lubricate press periodically, clean rollers and plates and change ink, plates and dies at the end of the press run as required
• Accurately enter codes into Data Collection Units.
• Remove printed product, place in cartons or containers, load and move to designated areas.
• Inspect and maintain ink pumps, hoses, ink trays, and chamber blades on press and service as needed.
• Assist Press Operators in wash-up and set up
• Keep press operator informed of any press operating problems.
• Assist press operator with press operating tasks and maintain needed stock for press run
• Any other tasks as requested by the Press Operator or Supervisor
• High school diploma or GED
• Ability to work with hand tools and measuring equipment
• Excellent math aptitude, skilled in reading a ruler and strong written and verbal communications
• Ability to differentiate color and visually inspect product as it is produced
• Ability to lift 40 lbs. several times daily, and stand and walk for entire shift
• Ability to work overtime, including up to 12-hour shifts during busy season.
The Press Operator Apprentice role is a tremendous opportunity to be trained by our experienced Press Operators and to begin building a lasting career. If you are mechanically inclined and seek a career and not just a job, we would like to speak with you! Become a member of our team where motivation, a can-do attitude and positive performance are rewarded and opportunities for advancement are part of our culture. Come check us out!
Due to continued demand for our customized products, Chicago Tag & Label has multiple Apprentice opportunities for individuals who have a mechanical aptitude and a desire to learn. We will offer you training, development and knowledge on a wide variety of duties in the pressroom in order to advance and become a Press Operator at Chicago Tag and Label. The Press Operator Apprentice will be trained to set up and operate high-speed equipment for double-sided printing of labels, tags and forms.
Chicago Tag and Label is family-owned and has been providing customized printing solutions to our clients, many Fortune 500 companies, for over 70 years. Our workers enjoy our fast-paced, team environment where we all help each other succeed. We are small and nimble enough to get to know you quickly, and large enough to offer you opportunity to grow with us as we offer world-class innovation and solutions to our clients. We offer a competitive salary and benefits program, including health and wellness benefits, paid time off, life insurance, dental, vision, long term disability coverage, profit sharing and a 401k plan.
Please apply via http://www.jobs.net/j/JCMUgqPz?idpartenaire=20131
Chicago Tag & Label is an equal opportunity employer: disability/veteran.