Press Operator Apprentice
Here at Chicago Tag & Label, we are the leading provider of innovative print solutions in the Libertyville, IL area. We are hiring a Flexographic Press Operator Apprentice to help us keep growing. If you’re dedicated and ambitious, Chicago Tag & Label is an excellent place to grow your career.
Chicago Tag & Label was established as a stringing facility in 1946. Today we manufacture numerous custom forms, labels and tags with a strong focus on unique, innovative print solutions. We take pride and are committed to “Quality, Service and Value” in every job we undertake.
The Flexographic Press Operator Apprentice will train and gain the experience and skills needed to operate and produce quality product on Flexographic presses. This position will also gain knowledge of product quality, process and procedures while positively contributing to meet Chicago Tag & Label's safety, quality and production goals.
• Follow instructions on shop orders to specifications.
• Check and verify paper stock for job runs, mount and web paper through prescribed operation sequence and make setups for two-sided, multiple color and multiple layer printing and processing.
• Adjust feed guides, grippers and elevator, synchronize feed and timing for multiple part and layer mating and adhesion and mount and adjust plates to cylinder.
• Adjust and align adhesives applications, slotting, slitting and perforating dies, die cutters, machine controls, inking and feeders and repack cylinders as required.
• Make initial run, checking printing and register, make final adjustments to correct press and obtain approval for run.
• Regulate ink flow, adjust equipment during run to avoid register slippage or poor impression and color register and maintain quality standards.
• Remove printed material, place in containers or cartons, load and move to designate locations.
• Clean press and press are, lubricate press periodically, clean rollers and plates and change ink at end of press run as required.
• Communicate unusual equipment or operating problems to Supervisor
• High school diploma
• Preferred 3 months similar experience or equivalent education (Recent successful completion or current enrollment in classes in mechanical/technical fields)
• Excellent math, ruler, and written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to differentiate color
• Experience with and ability to work efficiently with hand tools and measuring instruments
• Ability to use a computer
• Mechanical inclination
• Ability to lift 40 lbs. several times daily
• Ability to work standing and walking and visually inspect product as it is manufactured
• Interest in hands-on work operating printing equipment
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and work cooperatively with others
• Good memory and detail oriented
• Work ethic reflecting sense of urgency