Pre-Press Order Filler
The Pre-Press Order Filler is hands-on work in assembling components and dies for printing presses. This position is responsible for compiling production pieces from stock for each customized press order so the Press Operator can initiate the press set-up. Once trained you will work independently with minimal supervision while also cooperatively working with multiple departments.
• Working from job tickets, determine and compile the needed press component units, materials and tools, for each press run.
• Pull specified dies, ink colors, print cylinders, and fan folder gear.
• Mix colors using specified ink formula, run color swatch, and check for proper match with color book.
• Cut and mount print plates to proper cylinder, apply mounting tape to cylinder and align and position plate on print cylinders.
• Install proper size perforator wheel in perforating holder.
• Perform post-press duties, collect, clean, and restock items used on press production run.
• Support ongoing press runs with mounted back-up plates and adequately supply inks, back-up dies, cutting blades, adhesives, packaging, and other components.
• Utilize company software to maintain accurate records.
• High school diploma or GED
• Ability to work with hand tools and measuring equipment
• Excellent math aptitude, skilled in reading a ruler and strong written and verbal communications
• Forklift experience a plus, or ability to be trained to drive a forklift
• Ability to differentiate color and visually inspect product as it is produced
• Ability to lift 40 lbs. several times daily
• Strong computer skills, good memory for detail and mechanical aptitude
• Ability to work overtime, including up to 12-hour shifts during busy season.
Due to continued demand for our customized products, we are seeking individuals who have a mechanical aptitude and a desire to learn. Chicago Tag and Label will offer you training and development for your career. Become a member of our team where motivation, a can-do attitude and positive performance are rewarded and opportunities for advancement are part of our culture.
Chicago Tag and Label is family-owned and has been providing customized printing solutions to our clients, many Fortune 500 companies, for over 70 years. Our workers enjoy our fast-paced, team environment where we all help each other succeed. We are small and nimble enough to get to know you quickly, and large enough to offer you opportunity to grow with us as we offer world-class innovation and solutions to our clients. We offer a competitive salary and benefits program, including health and wellness benefits, paid time off, life insurance, dental, vision, long term disability coverage, profit sharing and a 401k plan.
If you are mechanically inclined and seek a career and not just a job, we would like to speak with you! Please apply http://www.jobs.net/j/Jczqrpvg?idpartenaire=20131
Chicago Tag & Label is an equal opportunity employer: disability/veteran.