Shipping and Receiving Clerk
Perform duties to receive a variety of materials and supplies, prepare documentation and ship product vial established carriers.
• Work from specifications, schedules and instructions.
• Count, weigh and check a wide variety of incoming paper stock, printing materials, supplies and equipment.
• Verify identification, quantities and similar details against purchase orders and prepare receiving reports.
• Detect and report shortages or damaged materials move or arrange for the movement of received materials to designated storage areas and report the receipt or delivery of special parts and equipment as directed.
• Assemble orders for shipment, count, weigh and check against shipping orders.
• Report shortages and prepare bills of lading and other documents, including classification and tariff schedules.
• Select shipping containers for materials not packed, weigh and affix charges for parcel delivery services.
• Palletize and shrink wrap shipments as required.
• Select routing and carriers from established source when not specified, contact carriers and arrange for pick-ups.
Use hand and power material handling equipment, typewriter, weighing scale and calculating scale.
Follow safety rules and keep work area in a clean and orderly condition.
Perform other related duties as assigned.
• High school graduate or GED
• Minimal 2 years shipping and receiving experience.
• Ability (Required) and/or experience (preferred) driving forklift, narrow aisle reach truck, walkie/rider pallet jack. Operate stretch wrap equipment, manual and power hand material handling equipment, weigh scales, banding equipment, hand carts, hand tools, and other warehouse equipment
• Knowledge of basic math skills, adding subtracting, multiplying, and dividing.
• Ability to lift and move objects up to 50 lbs
• Experience using shipping management software (Process Shipper/Radius a plus but experience with any software would be helpful).
• Available to work overtime.
Chicago Tag and Label is family-owned and has been providing customized printing solutions to our clients, many Fortune 500 companies, for over 70 years. Our workers enjoy our fast-paced, team environment where we all help each other succeed. We are small and nimble enough to get to know you quickly, and large enough to offer you an opportunity to grow with us as we offer world-class innovation and solutions to our clients. We offer a competitive salary and benefits program, including health and wellness benefits, paid time off, life insurance, dental, vision, long-term disability coverage, profit sharing, and a 401k plan.
We are proud of our innovation and customization abilities. Our reputation for the highest quality standards, and exceptional workforce, along with our state-of-the-art printing equipment, makes Chicago Tag and Label a leader in our industry. If you are mechanically inclined and seek a career and not just a job, we would like to speak with you. Come check us out!
Chicago Tag & Label is an equal opportunity employer: disability/veteran.
Interviews: Will be conducted virtually and onsite.
Position location: Onsite at our office in Libertyville, IL.
We offer competitive benefits including health and dental, a 401k, paid holidays, vacation time, a clean, bright working environment, and a great group of working companions!