In a professional manner, perform duties to operate switchboard and act as a receptionist at the office entrance. Assist Accounting and other departments with routine duties and special projects.
• In a friendly and helpful manner, receive incoming calls. Direct calls to appropriate staff members. Transfer calls to voicemail as required.
• When appropriate, assist staff members with outgoing calls and facilitate conference calls in an efficient manner.
• Prioritize calls when the switchboard is busy. Monitor incoming calls so they are handled promptly, therefore, avoiding excessive hold or wait time.
• Register (sign-in) and announce visitors and direct to proper company representative as authorized.
• Operate paging system as required.
Other Departmental Duties
• Prepare Accounting invoices for mailing.
• Compile data and run job shipment report
• Log incoming job applications and send emails to HR
• Sort paychecks and attach any needed correspondence
• Distribute mail/packages to appropriate staff
• Imprint postage on all outgoing mail daily.
• Order office supplies and maintain office supply inventory as needed.
• Print new customer labels as needed.
• Assist with the handling of lunches for guests of Chicago Tag & Label. Order food and set up lunches as needed.
• When needed, assist Print Carton with the printing of labels for jobs
• Perform miscellaneous clerical duties, including filing of job tickets and other records, as directed.
• Overtime will be required, as needed.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• High School diploma (or equivalent)
• Excellent Math and Computer Skills (Excel, Work, and ability to run Accounting Software)
• Use telephone console, personal computer and other common office equipment.
Chicago Tag and Label is family-owned and has been providing customized printing solutions to our clients, many Fortune 500 companies, for over 70 years. Our workers enjoy our fast-paced, team environment where we all help each other succeed. We are small and nimble enough to get to know you quickly, and large enough to offer you an opportunity to grow with us as we offer world-class innovation and solutions to our clients. We offer a competitive salary and benefits program, including health and wellness benefits, paid time off, life insurance, dental, vision, long-term disability coverage, profit sharing, and a 401k plan.
We are proud of our innovation and customization abilities. Our reputation for the highest quality standards, and exceptional workforce, along with our state-of-the-art printing equipment, makes Chicago Tag and Label a leader in our industry. If you are mechanically inclined and seek a career and not just a job, we would like to speak with you. Come check us out!
Chicago Tag & Label is an equal opportunity employer: disability/veteran.
Interviews: Will be conducted virtually and onsite.
Position location: Onsite at our office in Libertyville, IL.
We offer competitive benefits including health and dental, a 401k, paid holidays, vacation time, a clean, bright working environment, and a great group of working companions!