Quality Assurance Technician
The Quality Assurance Technician will perform duties to test raw materials, work in process and finished goods to ensure predetermined specifications and company quality standards are maintained.
Under the direction of the Manager:
1. Work as part of the press-room quality control team, sign off on initial and continued press run job checks, analyze all press side job requirements such as copy and color confirmation, adhesive thickness, silicone requirements, etc.
2. Collect, retain and test finished and developmental materials for required quality levels and adherence to predetermined specifications.
3. Perform a variety of test procedures involving collecting test samples, analyzing data, and writing up test reports.
4. Participate in new product development activities as directed and make recommendations.
5. Collect, organize, store, and record all retains and job checks.
6. Requisition department supplies as needed.
Perform other related duties as assigned
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Minimum 1-year Quality Control experience in manufacturing
• Use a personal computer, mechanical and electronic readout test equipment, laboratory oven, electronic scale, and miscellaneous laboratory equipment
• Be proficient in reading spec sheets and diagrams
• Detail oriented with strong organizational skills and ability to work in a team-oriented environment as well as work independently on projects
• Computer proficiency in Word and Excel required
Chicago Tag and Label is family-owned and has been providing customized printing solutions to our clients, many Fortune 500 companies, for over 70 years. Our workers enjoy our fast-paced, team environment where we all help each other succeed. We are small and nimble enough to get to know you quickly, and large enough to offer you an opportunity to grow with us as we offer world-class innovation and solutions to our clients. We offer a competitive salary and benefits program, including health and wellness benefits, paid time off, life insurance, dental, vision, long-term disability coverage, profit sharing, and a 401k plan.
We are proud of our innovation and customization abilities. Our reputation for the highest quality standards, and exceptional workforce, along with our state-of-the-art printing equipment, makes Chicago Tag and Label a leader in our industry. If you are mechanically inclined and seek a career and not just a job, we would like to speak with you. Come check us out!
Chicago Tag & Label is an equal opportunity employer: disability/veteran.
Interviews: Will be conducted virtually and onsite.
Position location: Onsite at our office in Libertyville, IL.
We offer competitive benefits including health and dental, a 401k, paid holidays, vacation time, a clean, bright working environment, and a great group of working companions!