Human Resource Assistant
Tag, you’re it! As the Human Resource Assistant at Chicago Tag and Label you will have the unique opportunity to work in every aspect of Human Resources in a friendly, professional environment. We seek an HR Professional who is detail-minded with the ability to work independently and embraces best practices and compliance. This newly created position is waiting for just the right person. If “you’re it” and this amazing opportunity is in sync with your career goals, then read on.
Chicago Tag & Label, Inc. has been the expert in producing commercial custom labels since 1946. We support our customers from a variety of industries to include retail, healthcare, transportation and manufacturing. “Quality, Service and Value” is the commitment we make to every job we undertake.
Our employees' commitment to Chicago Tag & Label is the foundation of our strength. Resourcefulness, productivity, dedication, loyalty, determination, and mutual respect are our common values. From our executive offices to our pressroom floor, we take pride in making Chicago Tag & Label more than just a place to work.
Reporting to the Vice-President of Operations, the Human Resource Assistant is responsible for administering and monitoring the HR activities. In this exciting new role, you will be responsible for but not limited to:
• Recruit, test, and interview potential employees.
• Organize and maintain personnel records and documentation.
• Manage HR databases.
• Conduct employee on-boarding and off-boarding as well as exit interviews.
• Maintain employee benefits programs and inform employees of their available benefits, direct the processing of benefit claims as well as set up educational programs.
• Process Worker Comp claims.
• Participate in safety committee efforts to reduce potential safety hazards.
• Create submit and monitor the ongoing reporting and efforts to meet AAP goals.
• Track all FMLA/Personal leaves.
• Maintain employee relations by answering questions and providing information as requested.
• Create and submit government required reports.
• Provide administrative support for confidential activities as directed by the EVP/GM of Operations and the VP of Operations.
• A passion for Human Resources
• Friendly, professional and detail oriented
• Strong communication, interpersonal and time management skills
• Well-organized and flexible
• A strong multi-tasker with independent thinking
• A demonstrated willingness to take on new projects and manage confidential and sensitive information appropriately
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree in HR or in a related field or equivalent experience.
• 3+ years in an administrative HR role.
• Skilled with Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Experience with Paylocity a plus
• Familiarity with HRIS software or a willingness to learn
• Experience in recruiting and interviewing
Interviews: Will be conducted virtually and onsite.
Position location: Onsite at our office in Libertyville, IL.
We offer competitive benefits including health and dental, a 401k, paid holidays, vacation time, a clean, bright working environment, and a great group of working companions!
If you are that HR Professional who desires a role with variety and seeks that next level, we would like to speak with you!
Chicago Tag and Label is an equal opportunity employer: disability/veteran.